It is finally summer! Now that the kiddies are off on summer holidays (and maybe a few of us are getting some time off too!) we are all ready to get outside and enjoy the warm weather. Soak up that vitamin D! In case you or a family member has a negative run-in with Mother Nature, here is a list of how to naturally treat the most common summer illnesses and injuries. Big thank you to several businesses in Lawrence Park for displaying this!
1. Bee Stings: Remove stinger, apply ice, Apis Mellifera 30C pellet under tongue or dissolved in water every hour until symptoms resolve. EMS if allergic!
2. Poison Ivy: Wash area contacted with soap and water, oat-meal bath (ideally cooked and cooled), Apple Cider Vinegar Applied topically 3 times a day to affected area.
3. Sunburn: Fresh aloe vera gel, ideally split leave and rub directly on skin. Sunscreen going forward!
4. Small Cuts and Scrapes: Wash area with soap and water. Apply Calendula Oil topically 3 times a day.
5. Bruises: Hydrotherapy: alternate hot and cold water (end on cold) over bruised area. Arnica Montana 30C pellets under tongue or dissolved in water, 2 pellets, 3 times a day.
6. Mosquito Bites: Apply diluted tea tree oil onto the bite and/or squeeze fresh lemon juice onto the bite. Apply aloe vera gel afterward to soothe and speed healing.
7. Summer Colds: Rest! Vitamin C, Zinc and Echinacea tincture.
Have a wonderful summer!
Yours in health,
Dr. Aisling Lanigan ND