Looking for a way to limit the bugs feasting on you this summer but don’t want to cover your skin in harmful chemicals? Why not make your own Naturopathic Bug Spray!
Naturopathic Bug Spray Ingredients:
– Witch Hazel
– Essential Oil: Choose from Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Mint
– Vegetable glycerin (optional)
How to Make Naturopathic Bug Spray:
– Fill 8 oz spray bottle half-full with water
– Add witch hazel to almost fill
– Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin (optional)
– Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oil, the stronger the spray.
Other Easy Insect Repelling Strategies:
– Add vanilla extract to Naturopathic Bug Spray, or just rub on the skin.
– Rub lavender flowers or lavender oil on your skin.
– Rub fresh or dried leaves of anything in the mint family all over skin to repel insects (peppermint, spearmint, catnip, pennyroyal, etc or citronella, lemongrass)
Have a wonderful summer!
Yours in health,
Dr. Aisling Lanigan ND
“Follow me” on Twitter @AislingND and “Like me” on Facebook @Dr. Aisling ND