My FAVOURITE Treat
– 1/3 cup tahini butter
– 1/3 cup almond-hazelnut butter (almond butter is almost as good if you can’t find almond-hazelnut)
– 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
– 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup of ground flax/ chia seeds
– 1/4 cup of raw sunflower seeds
– 1/4 cup dried goji berries/ cherries/ raspberries (with no added sugar)
– 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut, plus 1/3 cup for coating
Set aside 1/3 cup of coconut for coating. Combine tahini, almond-hazelnut butter and maple syrup, mix well. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients well. Form into small balls by hand, and roll in coconut. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden.
These are absolutely delicious and make a good sized batch. Remember that Bliss Balls are very healthy but they still have calories, so keep them as a treat, not a meal.
Yours in health,
Dr. Aisling Lanigan N.D.